Just experimenting, a little late for this one, but thought I'd throw out my meme support... from ApronSwap Copy and paste the questions and pass it on...
1. what kind of holiday party food do you like best? finger food buffet or sit down multi-course style?
Finger food buffet all the way... with heated courses served straight off the stove in the kitchen...
2. do you make/use those little name cards for your table seating or is that just another little something that magazines are trying to add to our already long holiday to-do list?
I totally do, wouldn't be a holiday table without them.
3. do you miss sitting at the "kid's table"?
No way, I bailed on that and wanted to sit with the adults when I turned 8.
4. any particular holiday party traditions that you like to do every year?
Just starting our own, but the homemade Gingerbread House was a big hit at our first Christmas party.
5. Which is your favorite winter holiday?
Hm, was always Christmas, but Halloween is close to overtaking first position.
6. do you make or have you tasted any good egg nog recipes...whether using it in a dish or as a drink?
Eggnog latte at Starbucks is rockin. Eggnog as a drink is delish, courtesy of my neighbor Angela, I'll try to get the recipe posted here. Never made it myself though, i'll eat it, but something about the concept geeks me out.
7. fruit cake .... do you love it or think it should be used as a door stop?
Love, love, love. Mincemeat too.
8. What do you like to do to get yourself in the holiday sprit (ie. certain music, visiting certain seasonal sites, enjoying winter weather, ect.)
Christmas music occasionally all year. Annual trek to Container Store's Giftwrap Wonderland.
9. What is your favorite holiday song and who sings it best?
God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen by the Barenaked Ladies with Sarah McLachlan. Hands down the best song and version ever. THIS is the song that started me listening to Christmas music all year round, I just can't get enough of this one.
10. Any ideas for interesting holiday themed parties? (Even if it's really out there -- like renting a snow machine and having everyone build snowmen if you live in a no-snow areas!)
Hm, we did Comfort Christmas this last year, but really that only had to do with the food... mac&cheese, mashed potatoes, meatballs, etc.
10 months ago